Spicy Flaxseed Cheese Crackers:
½ cup flax seed meal
½ cup almond meal
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
½ cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese (not powdered)
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ to ¾ cup water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1) Mix above ingredients in medium mixing bowl with sufficient water to mix all ingredients into a thick batter.
2) Place batter on silicone mat on a cookie sheet or alternately greased parchment paper (spray with olive or coconut oil)
3) Cover with waxed paper and roll out thinly and evenly (about ⅛ inch thick).
4) Gently remove wax paper.
5) Even edges of mixture with flat edge (knife or spatula)
6) Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of mixture.
7) Bake about 15-20 minutes until center is no longer soft and top is lightly browned.
8) Allow to cool completely then remove from cookie sheet.
9) Break into small sized crackers. If there are any pieces that are not crisp, return to the oven for about 2-3 minutes.
Nutritional information per serving (serves 4):
Calories= 224, Fat= 16 gm, Protein= 13.3 gm, Net carbs= 0,