Spicy Chicken Sausage Enchilada- Low Carb
1 package cole slaw mix (will not need the dressing if included)
1 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
2 green onions- diced
1 red pepper- diced
1 pasilla pepper (or other green pepper)- diced
1 - 4 ounce can diced green chilies or jalepenos
2 andouille chicken sausages (pre-cooked)- diced
4 ounces water
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Adobos All purpose seasoning (Salt and Pepper)- Goya brand (or similar)
2 Tablespoons olive oil (for cooking)
1 Tablespoon coconut oil (for cooking)
1- 12 ounce jar Herdez Mexican Cooking Sauce- Traditional Chipotle (or similar)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease large baking dish.
1) Heat coconut and olive oils over medium heat in a skillet.
2) Combine all ingredients above except the cooking sauce and topping cheese and saute until the peppers are softened.
3) Add cooking sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4) Transfer to greased baking dish.
5) Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
6) Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is browned on top.
Nutritional information (per serving based on 12 servings):
Calories= 182, Fat= 14.5 grams, Protein= 8.6 grams, Net carbs= 4.2 grams