Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
1 scoop Aria vanilla protein powder or similiar
3 Tablespoons of PB2 peanut powder (may use regular peanut butter)
1 Tablespoon dehydrated, unsweetened coconut (Whole Foods)
2 Tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
Dash of sea salt
1 teaspoon white Stevia powder (Trader Joe's)
Prep time (about 10 minutes).
1) Place coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt oil (about 30 seconds).
2) Add PB 2 or peanut butter to medium mixing bowl.
3) Reconstitue PB2 with 1-2 tablespoons of water or sufficient to make consistency of peanut butter. (If you get too much water add a little more PB2. Alternately, you may use peanut butter or any nut butter you wish.
4) Add scoop of Aria vanilla protein powder slowly and stir into mixture (may use other brands but use small scoop)
5) Add liquified coconut oil to mixture, dried coconut, and dash of sea salt.
6) Mix ingredients well until all powder is worked into the peanut butter mixture. It will be quite thick and the consistency of the inside of a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup.
7) Form into small balls and place in container with lid.
8) Place in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes while balls harden.
9) Add Stevia powder on top of the formed balls, place lid on container and shake up to “dust” the balls with Stevia.
Ready to serve. Makes about 10-12 balls depending on size. May easily double or triple the recipe to make more.
Variations: Use Chocolate PB2 instead of conventional PB2. May also use any nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower butter). May use Chocolate protein powder as a substitution for vanilla protein powder .
For chocolate truffles: also add 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa and 1 teaspoon of stevia (or one packet).
Try adding about a tablespoon of ground almonds, ground cashews, ground hazelnuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, or other low carb ingredients for even more variety.
Serving 3 balls (assuming use of cocoa powder and peanut butter). Use of PB2 and without cocoa powder, calories and other nutritional information will be less.
Calories= 147, Fat = 13.6 grams, Protein = 4.9 grams, Net carbs 2.2 grams