Low Carb Southern Chess Pie (Transparent Pie)
1 cup almond meal
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil- softened
¼ cup butter-softened
1 Tablespoon coconut (unsweetened, dehydrated)
2 Tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
1) Add ingredients into bowl and mix until butter/oil combined with dry ingredients.
2) Pour mixture into pie dish and cover with parchment paper or wax paper to mold into bottom of pan to form bottom crust.
3) Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
4) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
3 separated eggs (place whites in one bowl and yolks in separate bowl)
1 Tablespoon almond flour
1/2 cup xylitol
1/2 cup erythritol granules
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream or half and half
1 Tablespoon vinegar
⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Cream xylitol, egg yolks, coconut flour, vanilla, butter, coconut oil, whipping cream, and vinegar in mixing bowl until smooth.
2) In separate bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar with hand mixer on high until stiff (about 3 minutes).
3) Fold beaten egg whites into creamed yolk mixture.
4) Pour combined mixture into cooled pie shell and level out evenly in pie dish.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and inserted knife in middle of pie comes out clean.
5) Allow to cool completely.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and hot tea or coffee.
Nutritional information (one of 12 servings):
Calories= 236, Fat= 23.3 grams, Protein= 4 grams, Net carbs= 6.2 grams