Cuban Crock Pot Roast
1 lb chuck roast
4 oz can green chilis
1 small tomato (diced)
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon onion powder
2 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
1/2 onion (diced)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup red and orange peppers (diced)
1 pasilla chili (diced)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
12 oz of “riced” cauliflower
1) Wash off chuck roast and cut into small strips or bite sized squares.
2) Place in bottom of crock pot.
3) Dice tomato, onion, peppers, pasillo chili and add to pot.
4) Rice cauliflower by placing florets in a food processor and “pulsing” several seconds to make into rice sized pieces. Add to crock pot.
5) Put in remaining ingredients and mix with spoon.
6) Place lid on the crockpot and turn up to high.
7) Cook on high for 4 hours or alternately on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories= 184, Fat= 7 grams, Protein= 20.8 grams, Net Carbs= 5.9 grams